COLUMBUS, OH: American Municipal Power, Inc. (AMP) is pleased to announce that six AMP employees have been recognized by Public Utilities Fortnightly on their 2022 Under Forties list as utility industry rising stars.
Each year, Public Utilities Fortnightly recognizes rising stars in the utilities industry. This year, the magazine honored 80 people from 29 utilities, utility regulatory commissions and other industry organizations.
The six AMP employees featured in the 2022 list are:
- Tommy Della Rocco, director of electrical engineering, who is responsible for ensuring safe, effective operations and maintenance of all AMP generation assets
- Stephen Ivanko, manager of cybersecurity and IT project portfolio, who oversees AMP’s cybersecurity awareness efforts
- Michael Kyser, assistant general counsel, who has facilitated member subscription efforts for generation and program offerings, streamlined contracting processes and overhauled outdated policies to ensure ongoing compliance
- Kyle Schimley, director of generation optimization and reporting, who oversees facility staff at AMP’s Fremont Energy Center (AFEC) and coordinates with generation operations staff at AMP headquarters
- Tom Sillasen, director of risk and internal controls, who has been instrumental in developing an internal audit and compliance program
- Bryan Walsh, director of the AFEC facility, who manages daily operations of AFEC and led it to its peak record net generation total of 745 MW
Public Utility Fortnightly’s story on the 2022 Under Forties list can be viewed here.