COLUMBUS, OH: Several American Municipal Power, Inc. (AMP) members received national recognition from the American Public Power Association (APPA) for achieving exceptional electric reliability in 2022.
The Certificate of Excellence in Reliability recognizes utilities that placed in the top 25 percentile of reliability nationwide in 2022, as measured against the U.S. Energy Information Administration's (EIA) data. The APPA helps public power systems track outage and restoration data through its eReliability Tracker service and compares the data to national statistics tracked by the EIA. AMP covers the cost of subscription to the eReliability Tracker service for all of its members.
The following AMP member public power utilities received the Excellence in Reliability Certificate:
- Berea Municipal Utilities
- Berlin (Md.) Electric Utility Department
- Borough of Ephrata Electric Division
- Borough of Hooversville
- Bowling Green Electric Division
- City of Columbiana Electric Department
- Coldwater Board of Public Utilities
- Deshler Municipal Utilities
- Holiday City Municipal Utility
- Hudson Public Power
- Kutztown Electric Department
- Lansdale Electric Department
- Marshall Electric Department
- Martinsville Electric Department
- Minster Electric Department
- Montpelier Municipal Utilities
- Napoleon Power & Light
- New Martinsville Municipal Utilities
- Orrville Utilities
- Paducah Power System
- Perkasie Borough Electric Department
- Piqua Power System
- Princeton Electric Plant Board
- Tipp City Municipal Electric
- Town of Front Royal Energy Services Department
- Village of Yellow Springs Electric Distribution
- Wadsworth Electric Department
- Wapakoneta Electric Department
The APPA helps public power systems track outage and restoration data through the eReliability Tracker service and then compares the data to national statistics tracked by the U.S. Energy Information Administration for all types of electric utilities. AMP provides a subscription to the eReliability Tracker service to all of its members.
For more information about the APPA eReliability Tracker program and a listing of all recipients of the Certificate of Excellence in Reliability, please visit www.publicpower.org.