Scholarship nomination form links are distributed to the member electric utility or joint action agency, and not distributed to schools. Nominations must be submitted to AMP by a member electric utility or joint action agency representative on or before Dec. 13, 2022.
Lyle B. Wright 2023 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
Submit nomination form
To establish an educational program encouraging high school students in AMP member communities to further their education, and to create an awareness of careers in the municipal electric utility field.
There are up to five, one-time scholarship awards of $3,000 each.
Rules and Eligibility Requirements
The following provisions will govern the acceptance of an applicant:
Submit nomination form
- Nominee must be a student whose household (the student currently resides in) receives electricity from an AMP member community.
- A student is not eligible if they or a parent or guardian is an employee of AMP or an AMP member who:
- Works directly for, or provides management or leadership of, the electric utility, electric utility department, or joint action agency; or
- Spends at least 30% of their time directly supporting electric utility operations.
- Nominee must be a graduating senior who has met all the basic requirements for college or technical school entrance and has a cumulative, unweighted grade-point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Prior to receiving an AMP scholarship check, scholarship recipients must offer proof of enrollment at an accredited college, university or technical school for the next fall semester or quarter, unless an extension of time is granted. A time extension will be granted only if “just cause” is determined. In the event that a student is unable to fulfill his or her enrollment obligations under this program, the award is forfeited and may be reassigned to another nominee by the AMP President/CEO. A check for the award will be written jointly to the recipient and the post-secondary school, or as a circumstance dictates.
- Completed nomination forms (completed by the member electric utility or joint action agency) must be received on or before Dec. 13, 2022.
- A high school transcript, showing the nominee’s cumulative grade-point average on an unweighted 4.0 scale for six semesters, must be received via email, fax or mail on or before Dec. 13, 2022.
- There shall be no more than one Wright nominee per AMP member