Scholarship nomination forms are not distributed to schools. They are distributed to the municipal electric utility and must be signed and submitted by a member municipal utility official. Scholarship nomination forms must be submitted to AMP by municipal utilities on or before Dec. 17, 2021.
Lyle B. Wright 2022 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
To establish an educational program encouraging high school students in AMP member communities to further their education, and to create an awareness of careers in the municipal electric utility field.
There are up to five, one-time scholarship awards of $3,000 each.
Rules and Eligibility Requirements
The following provisions will govern the acceptance of an applicant
- Applicant must be a student whose household (the student currently resides in) receives electricity from an AMP member community.
- A student is not eligible if they or an immediate family member or guardian (child or ward) is an employee of AMP or an AMP member municipal electric system.
- For the purposes of this scholarship, an employee of an AMP member municipal electric system is defined as someone on the municipal electric system’s payroll, or an employee of elected official who is in a position with the municipality to which the municipal electric system is subordinate. Such a student would be eligible for the Richard H. Gorsuch scholarship.
- Applicant must be a graduating senior who has met all the basic requirements for college or technical school entrance and has a cumulative, unweighted grade-point average of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Prior to receiving an AMP scholarship check, scholarship recipients must offer proof of enrollment an accredited college, university or technical school for the next fall semester or quarter, unless at an extension of time is granted. A time extension will be granted only if “just cause” is determined. (In the event that a student is unable to fulfill his or her enrollment obligations under this program, the award is forfeited and may be reassigned to another nominee by the AMP President/CEO.) A check for the award will be written jointly to the recipient and the post-secondary school, or as a circumstance dictates.
- Completed nomination forms (completed by the member municipal electric system) must be received on or before
Dec. 17, 2021.
- A high school transcript, showing the nominee’s cumulative grade-point average on an unweighted 4.0 scale for six semesters, must be received via email, fax or mail on or before Dec. 17, 2021.
- There shall be no more than one Wright nominee per AMP member.