The Safety Award recognizes municipal electric systems for their safety performance and encourages municipalities to improve their present safety program.
- Safety Awards will be given to systems with no time loss due to reportable accidents.
- Safety Commendations will be given to systems with less than one percent time loss.
- Reporting period runs from June 1, 2020 through May 31, 2021.
- To determine time loss, divide the total number of hours away from work and restricted by the total work hours of exposure for the period of June 1, 2020–May 31, 2021.
Time loss =
||Total number of hours away from work & restricted
Total work hours of exposure for the period
There are two categories:
- More than one award can be given each year.