AMP established the Hard Hat Safety Award to recognize an employee in each member community who demonstrates safety at all times.
- Members can nominate one employee from their electric distribution department.
- Members with generation can also nominate one employee from their electric generating division.
An electric utility employee who:
- Adheres to on-the-job safety procedures
- Promotes electric safety within their department
- Is 100% safety conscious
- Recipients are nominated by the municipal electric system’s director or superintendent and approved by the AMP safety staff.
- More than one award can be given each year.
- A plaque will be presented to the individual recipient at a safety meeting in their community.