COLUMBUS, OH: American Municipal Power, Inc. (AMP) and several member utilities were recognized for excellence in safety at the American Public Power Association's (APPA) 2019 Engineering & Operations Technical Conference held in Colorado Springs, Colo., April 1-3.
Recognizing utilities for their safety practices (demonstrated by having the lowest safety incident rate within groups), determined by worker-hours of exposure, the following AMP members received awards:
- Bryan Municipal Utilities
- City of Dover Electric Field Division
- Jackson Center Municipal Electric
- Lewes Board of Public Works (DEMEC)
- Village of Montpelier Electric Department
- New Martinsville Electric Utility
- Paducah Power System
- Perkasie Borough Electric Department
- Piqua Power System
- Princeton Electric Plant Board
- St. Clairsville Light & Power
- City of Shelby
- City of Westerville Electric Division
AMP’s Safety Award of Excellence recognizes the hydroelectric operations staff, AMP Fremont Energy Center staff, generation operations staff and other field staff.
“Congratulations to our member communities and AMP staff for being recognized with these APPA safety awards.” said Michelle Palmer, AMP vice president of technical services. “Safety is a priority at AMP and we commend the efforts of our members and wish congratulations to all those awarded.”
According to APPA, 113 public power utilities earned the APPA Safety Award of Excellence for safe operating practices in 2018.