COLUMBUS, OH: American Municipal Power, Inc. (AMP) along with several member public power utilities recently received recognition for excellence in safety. The Safety Awards from the American Public Power Association (APPA) recognize utilities with the lowest safety incidence rate within their groups for the previous calendar year. Groups are determined by worker-hours of exposure.
In addition to AMP receiving a Third Place Safety Award within its group, AMP members and members of the Delaware Municipal Electric Corporation (DEMEC) – a member of AMP – being recognized for their excellence in safety in 2019 are:
- Coldwater Board of Public Utilities
- Hillsdale Board of Public Utilities
- Jackson Center Municipal Electric System
- Lewes Board of Public Works (DEMEC)
- Minster Electric Department
- Montpelier Municipal Utility
- New Martinsville Municipal Electric
- Perkasie Borough Electric Department
- St. Clairsville Light & Power
- City of Seaford Electric Department (DEMEC)
- Shelby Division of Electric and Telecommunications
- City of Wadsworth Electric & Communication
“AMP and our members understand the importance of system reliability, operational efficiency and safety in the workplace,” said Michelle Palmer, AMP vice president of technical services. “We commend the efforts of our members and send congratulations to all those presented with Safety Awards.”
For more information about the APPA Safety Awards, please visit www.publicpower.org.
For more information on the many benefits of public power, visit What is Public Power.